Monday

First Thoughts

Introduction of Assignment 2: Modeling - A Sense of Place

I'm interested in the films 'Alice in Wonderland', 'Nightmare Before Christmas', 'Horton Hears A Who' and 'Monsters Inc'.
I'm immediately drawn to these films because I think they have a lot of potential in terms of crazy and interesting scenes. The scenery in these films is already quite creative and dynamic, so I immediately feel inclined to create one which (while keeping with the style of the rest of the movie of course) is quite 'out there' so to speak.

In terms of which scenes to add, I'm thinking...
Alice in Wonderland- either Alice's arrival in wonderland or the Mad Tea Party. Either can be taken quite close to the extreme, I think, and have a lot of space for creativity/personalisation.
Nightmare Before Christmas- I like Oogie Boogie's lair; the lighting and colours are quite cool, and I think there is also space to make it very different.
Horton Hears A Who- I love Dr Seuss, and the scene where Whoville is introduced is very cool. Very Dr Seuss inspired (in terms of visual style) and I think also has a very cohesive style, so would be fun to develop yet also easy (ish) to stay consistent.
Monsters Inc- The concept of Monsters Inc and the travelling through wardrobe doors in itself gives quite a bit of space for creativity. However I would probably choose the scene where Sully and Mike are banished to a mountain top; room for development/change while keeping with the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment